ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, now expanding internationally. We help millions of customers to find a local service professional: we cover 400+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book. Today that's not the case, and we're out to change it. The opportunity is huge.
We are a fast-growing startup: 2 people in March 2015, now we are over 100. We strive to minimize bull*** and maximize impact: average age is 29, because often brain is more important than experience; we work in open space, because communication needs to happen quickly; everyone has very large responsibilities, because we don't have time to do any handholding (and we think it's counterproductive).
Investors include people from Google, Facebook, eBay, McKinsey, as well as the famous entrepreneurs behind Immobiliare.it. We have the growth-rate of a startup, but not the risk...
We are looking for people who want to help us build a service that everyone will use multiple times a year; a service that will make a difference in society. It's not an easy job.
- You have built & led teams managing performance marketing channels (Search, Display, Remarketing, etc.)
- Managed decent budget (min >€1mln/year, preferably >10mln€/year)
- You have built & led teams managing non-paid marketing channels: SEO, CRM, etc.
- In case it wasn’t clear: you have solid managerial experience. You own the quality of the team, from hiring to firing through performance management
- You are a nerd and have strong opinions about strategies and tactics across different acquisition channels. You could spend hours debating the SEO tactic of company x, or the bidding automation strategy of company y
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty - whether it’s editing a Python script or automating a process using excel files.
- You think strategically about CAC & CLV. If you need to Google these terms: don’t apply
- You know what AARRR is. If you need to Google, don’t apply
- You want to build something huge that will change the way all your friends and family look for services
- You hate bureaucracy and the slowness of big corporations.
- You don't like symbols of power. You want to work in a great team, in an open-space startup-like environment without corner offices or fancy furniture
- You figure things out. You do not expect nor need hand-holding
NOTE: we have a strong preference for nerds, developers and engineers :)
Your role: VP of Growth
- You will be responsible for ProntoPro's Growth: Acquisition (SEA, SEO, Display, etc.), Retention, CRM, Marketing Automation, Marketing Intelligence. In case it wasn’t clear: without this team, we shut down!
- You will build a large team (30+ people): hire, train, set the bar
- You will own the performance of all our countries
- You will build ingenious, scalable processes and outperform the industry’s best
- You will define our Acquisition strategy
- You will help define our international expansion playbook
- On top of this, you will help other teams with their results. We are a startup and you will not be limited to your job description.
We DO NOT want to talk to candidates who expect us to teach and explain them everything "because they've never done this before".
We DO want candidates who can teach us what they’ve done at their previous company.
We WANT candidates who want to work for a startup, have tremendous impact, and learn tons of things in the process.