ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, now expanding internationally. We help millions of customers to find a local service professional: we cover 400+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book. Today that's not the case, and we're out to change it. The opportunity is huge.
We are a fast-growing startup: 2 people in March 2015, now we are over 100. We strive to minimize bull*** and maximize impact: average age is 29, because often brain is more important than experience; we work in open space, because communication needs to happen quickly; everyone has very large responsibilities, because we don't have time to do any handholding (and we think it's counterproductive).
Investors include people from Google, Facebook, eBay, McKinsey, as well as the famous entrepreneurs behind Immobiliare.it. We have the growth-rate of a startup, but not the risk...
We are looking for people who want to help us build a service that everyone will use multiple times a year; a service that will make a difference in society. It's not an easy job.
- You've worked at least 2 years on biddable media, with ample experience in AdWords
- You have managed an important budget per year on biddable channels
- You have created scalable processes for all aspects of your work (defining ROI targets, doing keyword research, adjusting bids, etc.) rather than mindlessly executing tasks
- You/your team achieve tremendous amount of work through automation (scripts, macros, vbas). You/your team uses Excel and some scripting language (Python, VBA, whatever)
- You have a basic knowledge of ad server functionalities
- You ache to work for a startup. You understand that startups grow and become huge or fail and die. This does not scare you - you find it exciting
- You are itching for real responsibility - to be in a position where you can really make or break the company
- You want to build something huge that will change the way all your friends and family look for services
- You hate bureaucracy and the slowness of big corporations. You experienced it and are depressed at the thought of working there again
- You don't like symbols of power. You want to work in a great team, in an open-space startup-like environment without corner offices or fancy furniture
- You figure things out. You do not expect nor need hand-holding
NOTE: we have a strong preference for nerds, developers and engineers :)
Your role: Head of Customer Acquisition
- You will be responsible for ProntoPro's Paid Customer Acquisition across all countries (Search, Display, Mobile, etc)
- You will build a team (hire, train, set the bar, etc) of international talents
- You will build ingenious, scalable processes and outperform the industry’s best
- You will work with Business Intelligence, Data Science and Product Owners to automate everything that is automatable
- You will help define overall Acquisition strategy
- You will help define international expansion playbook
- On top of this, you will help other teams with their results. We are a startup and you will not be limited to your job description.
We DO NOT want to talk to candidates who expect us to teach and explain them everything "because they've never done this before".
We WANT candidates who want to work for a startup, have tremendous impact, and learn tons of things in the process: “And if I don’t have a clue how to complete this task I've been assigned - f* it, I'll google it, call everyone I know, and solve it".